|I would have gone outside for picture of the house, but it was cold and I had wine.|
During the 2013 fall ice storm, Boyfriend and I decided to make Chelsa's Malbec Chocolate Truffles (super easy to make and they taste GREAT) and TacoFino's fiery Chocolate Diablo Cookies to take to his aunt's home for a party. Easy enough, right? Wrong.
When I'm baking I take over the kitchen. That day Boyfriend decided to "help" during the cookies. I asked him to measure out some sugar and dump it into my trusty mixer as I'm washing something in the sink. I turn around and you guessed it... more FLOUR was just added. To his credit Boyfriend did say he though the consistency of the sugar was off, but he mentioned it a second too late.
Fast forward to 2014! For Christmas, Cosmo (our wonderful dog) got me a Silhouette CAMEO. A CAMEO is a personal electronic cutting machine. It uses a small blade to cut paper, cardstock, vinyl, fabric, etc. I've been wanting one FOREVER!
So I decided my first project with my CAMEO would be to make sure the FLOUR/SUGAR incident never took place in Casa de Cosmo again.
I started designing what I wanted the labels to look like in the Silhouette design program. Since I'm just staring out I went with a fairly basic design. The software downloads on your computer and it easy to use (if I read the instructions it might be easier...).
|Yes, I know it's powdered sugar. This was a test and I was tired.|
I decided to test cut my design on cardstock because it's cheaper than vinyl and I had heard there was a bit of a learning curve with vinyl.
|Cardstock Test Cut|
|The one piece of transfer tape worked for all four labels! And the grid helps you keep things level.|
So what are the odds we have another baking disaster in Casa de Cosmo? Probably pretty good. Do these types of things only happen to us?
Want to check out more Silhouette projects?
My Silhouette Challenge buddies and I are all sharing projects related to this theme of ORGANIZATION on our blogs today, so peruse the projects below for a wealth of inspiration!
- DIY Window Shutter Mail Organizer by Weekend Craft
- Kids' Art Wall by Tried & True
- Organizing Silhouette and Craft Supplies by The Happier Homemaker
- Simple Recipe Organization by It's Always Craft Time
- Put a Label on it! Herb Names for Plant Stakes by Get Silvered
- Super Simple Linen Closet Labels by Two Purple Couches
- Beware of the Animals Vinyl Toy Box by A Tossed Salad Life
- Child desk accessories by Architecture of a Mom
- Organizing & the Important of Labels by The Turquoise Home
- Index Card Organizer for Easier Meal Planning by Chicken Scratch NY
- Create Craft Room Labels by Dragonfly & Lilypads
- Simple Storage Solution for your Christmas Ornaments by Vintage News Junkie
- Organize this: DIY Planner Covers, Tags & Dividers (made with Cereal Boxes) by Black and White Obsession
- How to Make a Cut File into a Print & Cut by Create & Babble
- Simple Chest Freezer Organizational Board by Nearly Handmade
- Vinyl Your Kitchen Canisters! by From Wine to Whine
- Nursery Closet Dividers & Silhouette Cut File by Creative Ramblings
- Make Custom Box Templates with a Silhouette for Drawer Organization by One Dog Woof
- Organizing the Craft Room by What's Next Ma
- Vinyl Wall Calendar by Crafts Cakes and Cats
- Personalized Toy Storage Bins by Lil' Mrs. Tori
- Personalized Routine Chart by Work in Progress
- Blog Planner Sheet Dividers + Free Cut Files by TitiCrafty by Camila
- Simple Project Calendar by Little Blue's Room
- Dry Erase Photo Frame Menu Board + Free Cut File by Essentially Eclectic
- Receipt Organization with Free Cut File by The Thinking Closet
- Cute and Easy Labels by Life After Laundry
- "What's For Dinner?" Menu Planning Board by unOriginal Mom
- Mixing Organization and Function: An Easy Conversion Chart by My Paper Craze
- Why do my cookies taste so bad? A lesson in baking. by The Life and Times of a TAP
- Custom Drawer Dividers by Please Excuse My Craftermath...
- The evolution of my labeling system by feto soap
- Ikea Drawer labels by McCall Manor
- Glass Etched Vinegar & Oil bottles by Terri Johnson Creates
- Organize It: Bathroom Closet by The House on Hillbrook
- Ombre Butterfly Magnet Board by Sowdering About