Courtesy of: Kimberly Snyder
Everyone I know has a green smoothie recipe (Oprah and Dr. OZ included) and they are all different. I'm sure they all taste wonderful and are healthy.
Most of them:
Improved digestive system
Opportunity to give your body nutrients it most likely wouldn’t receive on a regular basis
Being able to eat raw veggies(w/o a cup of ranch dressing on the side.)
Fight off sickness
Rid your body of toxins
Essential vitamins, nutrients, and minerals
Helps everyone get their veggies
A few months ago I started making the drink above for Boyfriend and me. Admittedly, I was a little afraid to take the first sip, but after that I fell in love. Boyfriend was more reluctant to try and it took a while for the taste to grow on him but now he complains when we haven't had it in a while.
If you try making, what Boyfriend and I lovingly call, Green Drink I have a few tips.
- I don't really measure the greens. More than a half cup of something green isn't going to kill you.
- Put the lid on the blender BEFORE you turn it on. You'd think that would be something I'd remember, but I ended up having a green dog and green on the ceiling.
- If you need up with to much green juice before you start adding fruits don't be afraid to split it in two batches.
- I've heard it's easier to make this with a Vitamix. HINT HINT HINT!
- This can become highly addictive.
What is your Green Drink recipe?